- Local partnership, timing key to Netflix’s China expansion
- Netflix started its Asia expansion in February 2015 with entry into Japan, with a view to complete its global expansion by the end of 2016. However, with China still an unpredictable destination, will the company be able to fulfill its promise made years ago? It will not only depend on external f…
- Starbucks steps up expansion in China amid economic slowdown
- Starbucks Corporation is poised to open 500 stores every year in China for the next half-decade, with its chief executive officer remaining sanguine about the prospects of the Chinese economy, which recorded 6.9 percent growth in 2015, the slowest in 25 years.
- American artist reinterprets art of Chinese blue and white porcelain
- Ttraditional Chinese art will be reinterpreted by American multimedia artist Mark Cooper through his own understanding of Chinese culture, globalization, and collaborations with emerging contemporary Chinese artists, and presented at an exhibition in Beijing.
- Five mansions of Qing nobility in Beijing worth a visit
- Beijing is well known for being the imperial capital of China's five dynasties. The historic city has preserved a number of former aristocratic mansions that are worth a visit. Here, we present a glimpse of five must-visit former residences of the Qing nobles scattered across Beijing.
- Fokke Obbema: Bridge China and Europe
- Coming from the Netherlands, Fokke Obbema is a veteran journalist working with de Volkskrant, a Dutch newspaper, since 1991. However, his first encounter with…
- Cruising along Yangtze River III
- The final destination of this guided Yangtze trip was the city of Yichang in Hubei province. Like many other important trading cities during the end of the Qi…
- Cruising along Yangtze River Ⅱ
- But when I think about the Yangtze River dam project, it is very hard not to touch upon the enormous damage to traditional life, culture and nature. Thirteen …