- Shanghai trade zone faces decision-making dilemma
- Although Shanghai government has shortened its list of FDI restriction list within the new free trade zone, the 2014 edition of “negative list” still get very negative reactions from the foreign business community in China.
- Chinese antitrust agency denies ‘aggressive enforcement actions’
- “All companies under antitrust scrutiny are entitled to full hearings. And we actually encourage them to fully claim their rights and do not just assume that we would not listen to and consider their appeals,” said a Chinese antitrust enforcement official to a packed house of foreign business pe…
- ImmerQi offers expats ways to experience China
- Because of China's relatively strict visa restrictions and its disparate socio-cultural context, most expats, especially those from the West who have never been in the ancient oriental nation, usually find it hard to live and work in the country. But the conundrum can be readily ironed out by Imme…
- 2014 Beijing International Marathon opens registration for foreigners
- The 2014 Beijing International Marathon has started registration for foreign partcipants. Foreign entrants can pre-register for the most historical marathon race in China from now till July 31.
- Working as a tricycle puller in Beijing's Shichahai area
- For those foreigners who want to have a glimpse of the glamour of traditional Beijing while earning some money, working as a tricycle puller in the capital's Shichahai area, a popular tourist destination famous for its hutong tour, is a good way to kill two birds with one stone.
- Baby abandoned naked survives storm ordeal
- An abandoned newborn baby found naked on a filthy riverbank during Typhoon Kalmaegi’s lashing rains and winds in Dongguan has survived, Southern Metropolis Daily reported on Wednesday.
How will BRICS nations change the world?Leaders of the BRICS nations on July 15 announced the establishment of a development bank and an emergency reserve fund that are the most substantial outcomes of the BRICS summits since 2009 when the
People gather to watch Qiantang River tidal bore in E ChinaPeople gather to watch the Qiantang River tidal bore on the bank of the Qiantang River in Yanguan town of Haining, East China′s Zhejiang province, Sept. 11, 2014. The tidal bore of the Qiantang River
Beauty of Gahai Wetland in NW China's GansuPhoto taken on Sept. 2, 2014 shows the reflection of the sky over the surface of the lake of Gahai in Luqu county of Gannan Tibetan autonomous prefecture, Northwest China′s Gansu province. The Gaha…
Buddhist temple in Beijing - Biyun TempleBiyun Temple (Temple of Azure Clouds) at Fragrant Hills Park is a Buddhist temple some 600 years old. It is comprised of four large halls, the innermost of which is now the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall…
Heaven on earth: Dongjiang Lake in HunanDongjiang Lake is located in central China’s Hunan province. Visitors will marvel at the green mountains and crystal clear water shrouded in fog. Photos: chinapic.people.com.cn
Wang Quan'an may be 'fired' from China Film Directors' GuildAward-winning Chinese director Wang Quan′an, who was detained in Beijing last week on suspicion for hiring prostitutes, may be expelled from the China Film Directors′ Guild.
Jackie Chan's son arrested on drugs chargeBEIJING, Sept. 17 (Xinhua) -- Jaycee Chan, son of Chinese kung fu star Jackie Chan, was formally arrested in Beijing on Wednesday following a drugs bust on his residence in the capital.
Sand sculptures take shape in East ChinaMore than 30 artists from Holland, Australia, Spain, the Czech Republic and China have been busy constructing sand sculptures on Nansha beach in Zhoushan, Zhejiang province. In all, 53 pieces of wor…