- Shanghai trade zone faces decision-making dilemma
- Although Shanghai government has shortened its list of FDI restriction list within the new free trade zone, the 2014 edition of “negative list” still get very negative reactions from the foreign business community in China.
- Chinese antitrust agency denies ‘aggressive enforcement actions’
- “All companies under antitrust scrutiny are entitled to full hearings. And we actually encourage them to fully claim their rights and do not just assume that we would not listen to and consider their appeals,” said a Chinese antitrust enforcement official to a packed house of foreign business pe…
- ImmerQi offers expats ways to experience China
- Because of China's relatively strict visa restrictions and its disparate socio-cultural context, most expats, especially those from the West who have never been in the ancient oriental nation, usually find it hard to live and work in the country. But the conundrum can be readily ironed out by Imme…
- 2014 Beijing International Marathon opens registration for foreigners
- The 2014 Beijing International Marathon has started registration for foreign partcipants. Foreign entrants can pre-register for the most historical marathon race in China from now till July 31.
- Working as a tricycle puller in Beijing's Shichahai area
- For those foreigners who want to have a glimpse of the glamour of traditional Beijing while earning some money, working as a tricycle puller in the capital's Shichahai area, a popular tourist destination famous for its hutong tour, is a good way to kill two birds with one stone.
- Slim waist fad causing huge problems in China
The 19-year-old woman lives in Suzhou of Jiangsu province, together with her parents. Song started dieting to lose weight when she was 17, after learning that some classmates were doing so to "look
How will BRICS nations change the world?Leaders of the BRICS nations on July 15 announced the establishment of a development bank and an emergency reserve fund that are the most substantial outcomes of the BRICS summits since 2009 when the
China's top 10 ideal autumn getawaysBagua means "Eight Diagrams" in Chinese, and Zhuge Bagua Village was designed by Zhuge Liang, a remarkable Chinese politician, strategist, and diplomat during the period of the Three Kingdoms (AD 184-
Places where people live the longestChina′s Southern tourist resort Hainan province has been declared as a World Longevity Island by the International Expert Committee on Population Aging and Longevity (ISCPAL) on Sep 25,2014. As peo…
Tourist sites go unconventional on admission ticketsFrom September to end of October, tourists of the Mountain Taibai and Famen Temple in Shaanxi province can have their admission tickets reimbursed by collecting garbage.
HK street carnival promises visitors exceptional feastsVisitors enjoy their time at Lan Kwai Fong Carnival, an annual block party in Hong Kong on Thursday, September 25, 2014. The event fills streets of Lan Kwai Fong with booths and stalls, offering not…
Pupils recite Lunyu to mark birth anniversary of ConfuciusPupils wearing Hanfu, as ancient students did, recite Lunyu (or "Analects" of Confucius) during a ceremony marking the 2565th birth anniversary of ancient Chinese philosopher Confucius in the Xiyou pr
Why do Chinese women date western men?One of the most significant symbols of China′s opening up to the world is the fact that more and more Chinese women are marrying western men. In 1983, Li Shuang, a woman from China′s capital city,…
Ritual marks 2,565th birthday of ConfuciusA ceremony to commemorate the 2,565th anniversary of the birth of the ancient Chinese philosopher Confucius was held at the over-700-year-old Confucius Temple in Beijing, Sept 28, 2014.