- Online marketplace seeks to create community for expats
- Despite of entrepreneurial zeal, many of the expats in China find it daunting to navigate local regulations and overcome language barriers in their effort to start their own business. That’s where Expatree comes into picture.
- Scandal raises question about future of OSI Group in China
- The U.S.-based OSI Group LLC is put through the mill in China. Since the scandal about Shanghai Husi Food, one of its China units, using expired raw meat was exposed, all its big customers in China announced to cut ties with it and six executives from the embattled subsidiary were detained by the …
- ImmerQi offers expats ways to experience China
- Because of China's relatively strict visa restrictions and its disparate socio-cultural context, most expats, especially those from the West who have never been in the ancient oriental nation, usually find it hard to live and work in the country. But the conundrum can be readily ironed out by Imme…
- 2014 Beijing International Marathon opens registration for foreigners
- The 2014 Beijing International Marathon has started registration for foreign partcipants. Foreign entrants can pre-register for the most historical marathon race in China from now till July 31.
- Working as a tricycle puller in Beijing's Shichahai area
- For those foreigners who want to have a glimpse of the glamour of traditional Beijing while earning some money, working as a tricycle puller in the capital's Shichahai area, a popular tourist destination famous for its hutong tour, is a good way to kill two birds with one stone.
China bitcoin firms warn New York on regulationThree of the biggest bitcoin exchanges in China teamed up on Thursday to release a joint letter addressed to New York regulators, warning them that proposed rules for the digital currency will have fa
Chinese, US attitudes on dementia varyPeople in China are the most willing group to pay out of pocket to learn early on if they have a dementia-related illness, such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease, according to recently published…
US police uses Weibo to reach ChineseThe police department of Alhambra, a city in Southern California, is using Weibo, a Chinese micro blogging site similar to Twitter, as an outreach tool for its Chinese residents. It has already garn…
Why haven't China's cities learned from America's mistakes? It could have avoided the mistakes that made Los Angeles into the land of gridlock, or bypassed the errors that turned the banlieues of Paris into what one American planner calls “festering urban …
How will BRICS nations change the world?Leaders of the BRICS nations on July 15 announced the establishment of a development bank and an emergency reserve fund that are the most substantial outcomes of the BRICS summits since 2009 when the
Incredible scenery of National Fujin Wetland ParkPhoto taken on Aug. 20, 2014 shows the scenery of the National Fujin Wetland Park in Fujin, northeast China′s Heilongjiang Province. More than half of the National Fujin Wetland Park is based on wetl
Super sky lantern released in HainanRecently, a record-breaking super sky lantern was successfully released by people in Hongling Village, Qionghai city in Hainan Province. More than 60 young people spent a week and near 30,000 yuan t…
Enjoy beautiful scenery of ‘the City of Springs'Located in eastern China′s Shandong Province, Jinan is well known for its beautiful landscape with springs and willows by every house, thus earning the nickname "the city of springs."Among all thos…
World’s highest ferries wheel in TibetView of the highest ferries wheel in the world in Happiness Children′s Playground in Lhasa, Southwest China′s Tibet autonomous region. Photo taken on Aug 14, 2014. [Photo by Wang Chengmeng/chinada…