The Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee on Tuesday founded a 28-member team to promote the key reform plan that it adopted last week, while details about how decisions were reached on major issues of reform emerged on Monday.
The promotion team is made up of senior Party and g…
China will push forward unified laws and regulations on domestic and foreign investment in order to enhance fair and transparent market access, the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) said on Tuesday.
"Market barriers still exist today, even though China's socialist market economy has been taking s…
- Implementation of house-for-pension program faces problems
- China’s plan to implement a house-for-pension program on a trial basis in 2014 is facing many problems. Similar programs piloted earlier in cities like Shanghai and Nanjing earlier have either been questioned by the people or suspended due to lack of confidence.
Previous Third Plenary Sessions
About the Meeting
- Third Plenary Session of 18th CPC Central Committee
- The 18th CPC Central Committee, composed of more than 200 senior Party officials, will convene its third plenum on November 9-12 to discuss major economic and social issues concerning comprehensive reform.
- The 1993 Plenum: Outlining the framework of socialist market economy
- Held from November 11 to 14, 1993, the Third Plenary Session of the 14th CPC Central Committee is also hailed as a landmark plenum, at which Jiang Zemin opened the door for reforms that led to China’s entry into the World Trade Organization.
- The 1978 Plenum: The historic turning point
- The Third Plenary Session of the 11th CPC Central Committee, which was held in Beijing from December 18 to 22, 1978, was a turning point in the history of both the Communist Party and China.
- First Plenary Session of 18th CPC Central Committee
- The First Plenary Session of the 18th CPC Central Committee elected a new central leadership, including members of the Political Bureau, and members of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau.
- Second Plenary Session of 18th CPC Central Committee
- The Second Plenary Session of the 18th CPC Central Committee adopted a list of candidates for state leadership positions and a government reform plan.