- Traditions and taboos in Losar
- On the first day of Losar (Tibetan New Year), it is the tradition for housewives to wake up early in order to prepare highland barley wine for the whole family.
- Scientist's work led to first Tibet railway
- Extending China's railway network to the colder climes of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau a decade ago or Tajikistan as part of the current Belt and Road Initiative presented the problem of building a railroad on terrain subject to permafrost.
- Medog in Tibet: Natural botany museum
- The warm current from the Indian Ocean and its special geographical condition make Medog a natural botany museum, where almost all varieties of trees living from tropical to frigid zones in the Northern Hemisphere can be found.
- Tibetan photographer presents hometown thru lens
- Tashi Norbu, an amateurish photographer from Bome County of Tibet's Nyingchi Prefecture, presents the landscape and people of his hometown with photos which are eye-catching in the 2012 China Qomolangma Photographic Exhibition h…
- China launches online database to track Living Buddhas
- China has announced the creation of an online database to provide information on 870 verified Living Buddhas as part of its efforts to combat the fake ones who have damaged the reputation of Tibetan Buddhism and disturbed social…
- US, China officials get into heated argument over Tibet
- US lawmakers on a rare congressional visit to Tibet last week had "heated exchanges" with Chinese officials as they called for Beijing to renew dialogue with the exiled Dalai Lama, one participant said Tuesday.